Monday, September 9, 2013

Patriotic Quilt Top!

I had a wonderful quilting weekend.  I was able to finish up the top of my mother's patriotic quilt.  I'm so glad to have that done and now it's time to start working on the back.  I'm not sure what I'll be doing for the back yet, but I do have some ideas floating around.


I also attended the monthly Memphis-Area Modern Quilt Guild yesterday, which I hosted in my home.  It's so much fun to get together with other passionate quilters.  We are a new guild with a lot of potential.  We covered and accepted our bi-laws for the guild and then we had a wonderful show and tell.  We have so much talent in our group!  We also got our hands dirty with a fun fat-quarter swap.  It's always great when you get to walk away with some wonderful fabric.

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, beautiful top! I love the colors!
    Success with your Quilt Guild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meeting yesterday was so much fun! Thanks again for hosting!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you linked up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

      :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

      Delete
  3. Your quilt top is lovely! It is just so festive. Look forward to seeing how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sure Mum will love this a great quilt top

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, another beauty! :-)
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...