This quilt started as an idea to utilize all the corner scraps left over from the X-Plus quilt. One day I just sat down and started sewing triangles together from the trimmings. I kept the fabrics together with which ever fabric it was already paired with when I trimmed it off the X-Plus quilt blocks. There were well over 300 HST created and they were trimmed down to 2 1/2 inches.
I used random selection to start sewing them together. I didn't pay attention to the direction of the HST. The only thing I kept track of was making sure I didn't put the same fabric next to each other. The results were amazing.
I added the teal border to frame out the piecing and contain the randomness.
For the back, I ended up purchasing some of the plaid fabric from the DS collection to give it some visual interest. I utilized some scraps of the solid navy and teal used in the front to add some detail.
The quilting really shines on the solid fabrics.
I had some leftover binding from another project just hanging around, so I utilized it for this quilt. You can find the gray wood grain fabric within the quilt, too.
I haven't decided what I'm doing with this quilt yet, so it's just hanging out on my quilt rack for everyone to see when they come over.