I've been in a scrap-busting mode lately. I finally finished the top of my scrappy herringbone last night.
My plan for the rest of this quilt is a black and white backing (still to be determined) and possibly a grey binding. I'm not completely sold on that one yet, so the color is still up in the air.
I still have TONS of scraps left over. I started sewing them together by color to form 12.5" squares and turning them into HST.
This was my trial run to determine if it was even worth it. With one 12.5" aqua block and one 12.5" yellow block, I was able to create four 8.5" HST blocks. I think this looks pretty cool and has lots of potential. We shall see where this takes me.