Monday, August 24, 2015

My First Mini Swap

This year I decided to participate in a couple of online mini quilt swaps.  The first one I joined was the Cotton and Steel Mini Quilt Swap.  I just love the Cotton and Steel line and it sounded like loads of fun.  I also fell in love with the tissue box mini pattern by Jeli Quilts.  Combining the two led to this fun creation.


It was a bit of a challenge placing the correct color in the correct spot, but it all worked out well in the end.  This pattern really does a nice job showcasing lots of prints all at once.  The original tissue box mini is absolutely amazing using solids.


The back is just some slicing and dicing.  I knew I needed to utilize the fabrics and wanted a bit more interest than just a solid back.


My first mini quilt swap was a success.  We mailed the mini back in June, so I'm a bit behind on my posts.  I'm trying to catch up I promise!  I currently do not have a computer at home, and my frequency of blog posts has dropped dramatically.  I've really missed the online community, but I hope to have a solution soon.  Stay tuned!

15 comments:

  1. Looks really lovely and yes it does show off all those gorgeous fabrics really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mini is fantastic and really shows the awesome Cotton and Steel prints. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mini turned out beautifully, and it is great to hear it was a successful swap. We've missed you, too; good luck getting things sorted out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the mini i has a bit of a crazy look to it. Fingers crossed you get a computer or lap top sorted soon so you can catch up on what you have missd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt ! I like the pattern very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love seeing this in prints rather than solids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great mini-quilt, just like a color wheel. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking mini! The Cotton+Steel Mini Swap was such a fun swap. (I was in CookieBookColleen group.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is so wonderful! Great combination of C +S fabrics and design. Sweet way to finish the back, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your mini finish and your first swap! I just purchased some Cotton and Steel fabric they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your mini! I'm sure your swap partner was delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your mini, I saw it on instagram and had to buy the pattern. It's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's such a clever pattern and you've really shown off those gorgeous fabrics to their best. What a lovely mini!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks awesome ~ love the fabrics! I've got some of them in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Janet, I have just found your blog and am going thru the archives. I LOVE your rainbow use of colors and your Tissue Box pattern just drew me in like a huge vacuum. Delightful !~! I plan to try to learn paper piecing-maybe with your goosey pincushion for instructions and a first project. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...