I was able to finish a baby quilt that I can only show you teaser photos of. When I gift it, you will see the whole thing.
Even though I like the look of multicolored threads in the quilting, I kept having issues with the tension on my machine. I used 100% cotton threads from 3 different brands, but they all felt a little different to the touch. It gave me a bit of trouble having to adjust the tension every time I changed out the thread to a different brand. I have a Juki 2010. Does anyone else have this problem? I just hate having to experiment with tension while I'm quilting a quilt. The seam ripper and I were well acquainted during this one.
I also started quilting my flying geese quilt. I wanted to do more than straight lines, so I did some echo quilting, stitch in the ditch and point-to-point quilting. I have a feeling this will be a lot easier once I get brave enough to use my FMQ foot, but that will have to wait for another time. Until then, I will keep stopping with my needle down and turning the quilt.
I decided to go with Anna Maria Horner's Hand Drawn Garden Rose print for the back.
It's just too large of a print to cut it up, but as a backing it should look amazing...at least I hope so.
I still have 2/3 of the quilt to go, but I'm hoping to have it done by Friday. Wish me luck!