I tackled a new skill this weekend and learned how to reverse applique. I've always loved the way it looks and had a bunch of scraps laying around from a scrappy quilt I'm working on right now.
I didn't have any freezer paper, so I used interfacing. Although it works, the interfacing is very thick.
I'm about half way through quilting this one. With the backing fabric, batting, interfacing, and two layers of fabric on top, this is a very THICK quilting project. I'm hoping to be done with the quilting tonight so I can put the binding on and be done with it.
The binding material is the teal fabric on the top left corner of the picture. It should pop against the dark grey.