My name is Janet and I live in Memphis, TN. I'm originally from Texas (Hook'em Horns!) and will always be a Texan at heart, but I've come to love my new home in Tennessee. My husband and I have 2 beautiful children. My daughter is getting ready to start kindergarten in just a few weeks and my son is hopefully moving past the trying 3's. We can only hope!
|Picture taken by BluOrchid Photography|
I converted my dining room into my sewing space and it is such a huge blessing. I sew on an inherited Bernina 1030 given to me by my grandmother and a Juki TL2010Q. These two machines make creating so much fun.
Enough about me; here are some of my favorite quilts that I've made.
Favorite Quilts from 2014:
I also have a tutorial for the Twisted Path quilt available on my Tutorial Page.
Favorite Quilts from Past Years:
Favorite Quilts with Hand-Applique:
I have a love for hand-applique. I feel like I have a bit more freedom in my design this way, and it's a great way to personalize a quilt.
You can check out more of my finished quilts here.
Simply Pieced Quick Facts:
- Name: Janet
- Sign: Capricorn
- Education: University of Texas - B.S. in Kinesiology
- Myers-Briggs: ISTJ - The Inspector
- Began Quilting: 2011
- Blogging Tip: Join in Link Parties! It's a great way to meet new people and see great works.
- Quilting/Sewing Tip: Take care of your sewing machine. It will help eliminate lots of problems in your sewing in the long run.
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Anywhere with a beach, a lounge chair, a fruity drink, and a good book - preferably with sunblock and no children.
- Favorite Books: Pride and Prejudice; Harry Potter series
- Favorite Movie: Refer to books
- Favorite TV Show: Brothers and Sisters - I miss them...
- Favorite Bands: Coldplay, Civil Wars, Guster, Barenaked Ladies
- Favorite Flower: Tulip
- Favorite Candy: Chocolate and Caramel - preferably together
- Favorite Companion While Quilting: Netflix - I couldn't survive without it.
- Favorite Thing About Quilts: Snuggling under a freshly washed quilt with someone I love.
2014 New Quilt Blogger Blog Hop - Week 3:Thanks so much for stopping by! Please be sure to check out all the other bloggers in this week’s blog hop:
- Shauna @ Shauna's World
- Pam @ Sewing Wilde
- Wendy @ Wendy's Quilts and More
- Jan @ The Colorful Fabriholic
- Carole @ From My Carolina Home
- Lin @ Lin's Quilts
- Helga @ Green Mill Vintage
- Kate @ Thread Everywhere
- Cheryl @ Texas Quilting Gal
- Jenn @ Sew Crafty Jenn
- Heather @ Bobbins and Bullets
- Cornelia @ Pieced With Love XOXO