Monday, March 17, 2014

Worldwide Quilting Day 2014!

 

What better way to celebrate Worldwide Quilting Day than to invite some of my favorite quilting friends over to my house to quilt.  We had such a blast sewing, sharing stories, and laughing.  I can't wait to do this again.


Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation finished the binding on her Candy Dish quilt and pieced together a beautiful quilt for her mother.  Lori @ Crossquilt worked on a disappearing 9-patch using Sunnyside by Kate Spain.  I also got to see the beautiful hexagaon quilt pinned behind us in our picture come together by the talented Jenny.  (She doesn't have a blog...yet.)


These lovely ladies represent about half of our local modern quilting guild.  I hope next time we can get more friends to come by and quilt!

7 comments:

  1. I wish I could have gotten to come! I'm so sad I was unable to join in the fun! Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a good get together and I am envious of that great table you have, plenty of room there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is such a fun idea. I haven't met any local sewists here yet. We have a local MQG but I don't quilt yet. Something to look forward to doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know that there was a Worldwide Quilting Day! I actually started a quilt the day before. Yay for dumb luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I missed seeing my new quilting friends. Looking forward to the next meeting and the next sew in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I would totLly come if I didn't live a couple of stAtes away. :) I wish I had a local group like that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...